We are delighted to announce that today (18th October 2019) the Padel Federation of Ireland has been officially affiliated to the International Padel Federation (FIP).
The International Padel Federation (FIP) is the world governing body for the sport Padel, founded in 1991. It is a non-profit making organisation whose goal is to promote all forms of Padel around the world.
We are delighted to be recognised as the official body to govern padel in Ireland and we look forward to a wonderful future for padel in Ireland.
This means, among many benefits to padel players all over Ireland and Irish players abroad, the opportunity to represent the country internationally. The National Team is already sending teams to championships later on this month and in November.
The Padel Federation of Ireland is now officially the Governing Body of Padel in Ireland, recognised by the Sports Council of Ireland.
The Mission of the International Padel Federation
“To grow and promote the sport of Padel on a worldwide scale”
- Foster the growth and development of the sport of Padel for everyone and on a worldwide basis.
- Promote universally the development of the game of Padel for all levels and ages, for both able-bodied and disabled men and women.
- Federate all affiliated regional federations, national member federations, clubs, players, coachs, padel industries and all partners
- Structure and Regulate the rules of the game of Padel, of the various official competitions, and ranking systems.
- Organise the FIP international padel circuit, regional and world championships
- Research, Advise and Educate with all concerns and experts around the best practices for Teacher, Coach and Judge Referee as well as court, racket, balls & all padel Equipment manufacturers.
- Be a world reference center for all Padel related information.
- Preserve the integrity, autonomy and independence of Padel as a sport, and the FIP as governing body.
- Contribute to building a peaceful and better world by encouraging sport and Padel practices without discrimination of any kind, in a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair-play. In fact, the FIP will follows the Olympic principles.